3 min read • Published August 22, 22
With many brands offering free or cheap car service options, it’s hard not to forget that you need your car service. But in this article, learn how to make sure you always remember when your car needs its next service.
If you’ve ever been stranded on the side of the road with a dead battery, you know that having a car service available can be lifesaving. But what are the benefits?
There are many reasons why you should consider using a car service. Not only is it convenient and hassle-free, but car services also offer a variety of benefits that you may not get from regular mechanics. Here are five reasons why you should use a car service:
- Experience. Experts typically operate car services with years of experience dealing with several types of cars and mechanics. They’ll be able to diagnose and fix your vehicle quickly and efficiently, which will save you time and money.
- Licensed and insured. All car services must be licensed and insured, so you can be sure they’re responsible and reliable. In addition, many car services offer additional insurance policies that protect you in case of accidents or damage.
- They’re convenient. Car services are usually available 24/7, meaning you can call them anytime for help.
Why You Shouldn’t Ignore Your Car Service
Ignoring your car service could be costly. Here are four reasons why you should never overlook your car service:
- Your car could break down. If your car breaks down and you can’t get it fixed, you’ll have to replace the vehicle. It can be expensive, and it’s not unusual for car repairs to cost several thousand dollars. You might be able to get a loan or a lease extension on your car, but that won’t cover the total cost of the replacement.
- You could get into an accident. If you’re not careful when driving your car, you could get into an accident. It could result in serious injuries or even death. Ignoring your car service could make this situation much worse.
- You could get towed away. If your car is parked in a spot that’s not legal, the police or tow truck may come and take your vehicle away. It can be costly and delay your trip home or work.
- Your car could break down while you’re on vacation. If you’re out of town and your car breaks down, you might not be able to get back home until the condition of your vehicle.
How to Avoid Common Car Service Scams
Like most people, you rely on your car to get you where you need to go. But how can you be sure you’re getting the best deal when it comes to car service?
Don’t let shady dealers pressure you into buying a car before you’ve had a chance to look at it. Remember, they’re in business to make money, not to help you find the perfect vehicle.
- Don’t pay for a car service that includes unnecessary repairs or services. Always ask the dealer or service provider what’s included in the price before signing anything.
- Make sure the person who’s driving your car is licensed and insured. Check their driver’s license and vehicle registration before hiring them, and double-check their insurance information.
- Beware of ‘car washer’ services that promise to clean your car for a fee. These scammers usually don’t have the equipment or knowledge to clean your vehicle correctly and may damage it.
- Finally, never give out your credit card information without verifying that the company is legitimate and that the charges will be applied.
Marketing & Social Media Intern
As a Marketing and Social Media intern, Beatriz takes care of social networks and is responsible for making people know more about Savings.Club on the internet. When she's not working or at university, you'll find her with a book and a glass of wine.