2 min read • Published August 22, 22
Whether or not you are a fan of electric cars, it’s essential to know the most accurate answer to the question ‘Is now a good time to buy an electric car?’ Many factors go into deciding whether or not it is worth buying an electric car, but you can use this article as one way to decide for yourself!
Electric cars and the Environment
Electric cars are becoming more popular, but they come with a cost. The environmental impact of electric vehicles is still being studied, but it’s clear that they have a lot to offer in terms of the Environment. Here are five reasons why now might be a good time to buy an electric car.
1. Tesla’s latest model, the Model 3, starts at $35,000 and gets better with each update. Compare that to the starting price for a comparable gas-powered car: $50,000 or more. Nissan has also announced that it will start selling an electric cars for under $30,000 by 2020.
2. Electric cars have been shown to last longer than gas-powered cars on average. It is because batteries tend to last longer when they’re not being used all the time, like when you’re driving in traffic or on long trips. Tesla has even announced that its newest models will have a battery life of 500 miles or more before needing to be recharged.
Electric Car: Pros, Cons
Electric cars have many benefits, but they come with a few drawbacks. Before making a decision, consider the pros and cons of electric vehicles.
Pros of electric cars:
- No emissions pollution! Electric cars work by electricity and free from greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide.
- Low maintenance costs! Electric cars don’t require regular oil changes or other repairs and often have longer battery life than gasoline-powered vehicles.
- Zero emissions driving! Electric cars can help reduce your carbon footprint by driving cleaner than gas vehicles.
- Eco-friendly transportation! Electric cars are a more sustainable form of transportation because they use less fuel and produce fewer emissions.
- You are saving money! Compared to gasoline vehicles, electric cars cost less to operate and maintain. You could save hundreds of dollars each year on fuel costs alone.
- Eco-conscious purchase! Buying an electric car supports sustainable development and helps protect the Environment.
Cons of electric cars:
- Battery life in electric cars is typically shorter than in gas vehicles, so you might need to recharge them more frequently.
Marketing & Social Media Intern
As a Marketing and Social Media intern, Beatriz takes care of social networks and is responsible for making people know more about Savings.Club on the internet. When she's not working or at university, you'll find her with a book and a glass of wine.