3 min read • Published July 27, 22
For many, the summer can only mean one thing: A/C. Whether you’re spending time at home or outside, it can be challenging to know how to keep your air conditioner performance going strong! Follow these five easy tips to ensure your device runs at peak efficiency all year.
Tips for Maintaining Your Air Conditioner
If you want to maintain the performance of your air conditioning system, there are a few easy tips that you can follow.
One important tip is to keep your air conditioning unit clean. It will help prevent dirt and dust from accumulating on the team, reducing its efficiency. You can also clean it by using a vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment.
Another tip is to adjust the climate control settings as needed. It will allow you to customize your home’s temperature and humidity levels. You can also change the fan speed to help circulate more air.
Finally, turn off your air conditioning unit when you leave the house. It will conserve energy and help to prevent your team from cooling down unnecessarily.
What Happens When A/C Doesn’t Work?
When your air conditioner doesn’t work, it can be a very frustrating experience. Not only is it hot outside, but you’re also left trying to figure out what to do about the sweltering and humid room. Here are some easy tips to help you maintain your air conditioner’s performance:
1. Check the Freon levels. Freon is a gas that helps to cool the air in your home. If it’s low or missing, this can cause your A/C not to work. Check the levels monthly and refill as needed.
2. Clean the condenser coils. Coils are located on top of the A/C unit and help to transfer heat from the air to the water in the tank. If they become dirty, this will cause your A/C not to work correctly. Clean them every six months with a solution of 1 part bleach to 10 parts water and spray them down with a hose.
3. Fix leaky hoses. Hoses can often become loose over time and lead to leaks around your A/C unit. Tighten all hoses as necessary and check for any leaks every six months.
By following these easy tips, you’ll be able to
How Often Should I Change Filters?
One of the easiest ways to keep your air conditioner running bad is to change the filters regularly. Air conditioners need to breathe, and keeping the filters clean will help them do this effectively.
To change the filters, first, remove the cover from the unit and then unscrew the filter. Carefully pour out any dirt or dust that may be caught in the filter and replace it with new material. Screw the filter back into place and replace the cover.
Methods to Save On A/C Bills
There are several easy ways to save on your air conditioning bills. Here are some tips:
1. Keep your windows and doors closed when it’s hot outside. It will help to keep the house cooler, and you’ll save on energy costs.
2. Use the A/C when it’s sweltering outside. When the temperature is over 90 degrees, the air conditioner uses more energy to cool the room. Instead of turning off the air conditioner when it’s too hot, use it to cool down the room gradually.
3. Turn off lights when you’re not using them. It will save on energy costs and help to reduce your A/C bill.
4. Clean your vents regularly. Dust, pet hair, and other debris can accumulate in the ducts, blocking them and reducing airflow. Clean them monthly with a vacuum cleaner and a dustpan/brush.
Summertime is here, and with it comes the heat and humidity. That means it’s time to get your air conditioner tuned and ready for action! Here are some easy tips to help you keep your air conditioner performing its best this summer:
Marketing & Social Media Intern
As a Marketing and Social Media intern, Beatriz takes care of social networks and is responsible for making people know more about Savings.Club on the internet. When she's not working or at university, you'll find her with a book and a glass of wine.